From the Vault - featured items from our collection


Masonic apron

Masonic apron

This masonic apron was donated by a past member of The Pas Lodge #124. Masonic aprons are a badge marking a man's membership in the fraternal order, and it always needed to be worn while attending meetings. The aprons were based off of aprons worn by working masons in the Middle Ages. The strap and buckle at the top of the photo would enable the apron to be worn around the member's waist. The blue ribbon edging the apron and the sky-blue rosette on the flap indicates that the donor had reached the third degree as a Master Mason. In The Pas, a Masonic Lodge was established in 1914, and the first Masonic Temple was built in 1927 at the northeast corner of Fischer Avenue and 1st Street.

Added: August, 2012


Back to List