From the Vault - featured items from our collection


The Pas Elks Lodge No.135 Crest (PH2014.3.1)

The Pas Elks Lodge No.135 Crest

The Pas Elks Lodge No.135 was instituted on 5 August of 1926 with 14 officers and 26 general members. Originally the Club was located at 410 Fischer Ave., The Pas and included a main hall, kitchen and washrooms. In the early 1980s an addition was built onto the existing building which included offices, clubrooms and a game room.

The Pas Elks Club was very active in the local community and had a focus on children’s activities. They maintained a children’s playground next to their original building. Current Little League Baseball players can thank the local Elks for starting the local league as one of many activities for children in the community. Members of Lodge #135 also held various Chairmen positions on committees to oversee the creation of the Exhibition Grounds just outside of town. Every 1 July the club would hold a Sports Day as an accompaniment to the carnivals and get-togethers that they held throughout the year. In the early years of the club they would hold annual shows and parties during the holiday season and give out candies and presents to children and those in the surrounding area. During the high point of the club, they regularly ran queen candidates in the Trapper’s Festival as well as sponsoring minor league hockey, figure skating, Girl Guides, the Marigold Centre, student bursaries, air cadets and many other community and youth-related activities.

Added: October, 2014


Back to List